Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sports, National Anthems, & Whitney Houston

Upon recently hearing of the death of Whitney Houston, I caught myself thinking of some of her music and how effortless she made a lot of singing look. Honestly, criticize what you want about her life decisions, but you have to respect her musical talent and voice. I found myself searching through various youtube videos of her and was pretty amazed.

That led me to this video:


What has happened to our national anthems in today's sporting events? It was nearly 30 years ago yet I was AMAZED about how many U.S. flags I saw people holding and wearing. That's right, people were actually draped in them. Now either our country nowadays has way less amounts of patriotism or people back then had too much. I am leaning towards the former. At a recent NBA game I saw many who chose not to even take off their hats or even face the flag during the national anthem.

Lack of actual research on the subject (which I hope to follow up and validate later), has me searching through my memories for a national anthem that has been sung that well in the past 10 years....actually ever. Keep tuned in for a follow up with actual evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment