Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Elephant in the Room - Grant

Anyone familiar with this phrase? Ever been in a situation where there is a giant issue but no one wants to address it. Well, I just got done watching the Jazz lose to the Houston Rockets. Basically I think it is time we recognized the elephant in the room. The Utah Jazz are just no that good. It hurts me like a swift kick to the groin to say so After screaming my voice hoarse, downing 6 cans of Coke, and almost throwing my remote control at the T.V., I have determined that I must vent about the problems with my beloved team. There are I believe 3 main problems that the Jazz must fix in order to truly be one of the elite teams in the NBA right now. So without further delay...and since I know that only Mitch, Jimmy, and I will reading this, I will solve the Jazz's problems.

1. Lack of a true center - Let's face it. The Jazz have no good center on the entire team. Memo is pretty good, but in all honesty he is more of a power forward then a center. What the Jazz need to do in this situation is the following. I propose that we trade Memo, Kirilenko, and maybe someone like Morris Almond or Jaron Collins for a genuine center. Some centers I would feel would be a good fit and could possibly work would be Chris Bosh or even Pau Gasol. They are both great centers who rebound and most importantly defend.

2. Injuries - I know this is the obvious problem but it's true. The Jazz just have not been the same without Carlos Boozer. The team was comfortable with him in the game. It seems as though injuries have made their rounds through the team as well. Deron Williams came back from an injury but took a good two weeks to actually get back to playing form. Hopefully next year this problem will have resolved itself.

3. Playing on the road - I know what it's like to be homesick, but for crying out loud this is basketball! I do not feel that you should play basketball better closer to home than you do away from it. I also understand that traveling can be tiring and stressfull, but they way that teams travel and stay now should have resolved most of those issues. The Jazz have been ridiculously bad on the road. It is seriously weird how big the difference is. If the Jazz could play on the road like they do at home, they would have been champions last year.

These are the problems. Have courage though Jazz fan's, when I own the team, things will change!

No comments:

Post a Comment